DEPARTMENT OF NEUROLOGY
The Department of Neurology, Manipal Hospitals provides state of the art services, combining cutting-edge technology with a patient-centric empathetic approach. The facility is committed to providing modern, scientific and ethical treatment to the community we serve.
Important domains of robust neurology sub-specialty programs include:
- Acute stroke care
- Management of:
- Parkinson's disease and related disorders with the latest techniques including Deep Brain Stimulation
- Alzheimer's disease and other causes of memory loss and dementia
- Migraine and other headache disorders with the latest approaches
- Movement disorders like hemifacial spasm, writer's cramp, and other focal dystonias with botulinum therapy
- Epilepsy in consonance with the latest guidelines and epilepsy surgery in refractory cases
- Advance Neurophysiology Lab with facilities for Nerve Conduction studies, EMG, Evoked Potential, Video EEG
- Advanced immuno-modulatory approaches for Multiple Sclerosis and other demyelinating disorders.
The Department is well-endowed with the latest infrastructure and is supported by highly advanced neuro-imaging tools like 3-Tesla MRI with the latest software algorithms, 128-slice CT scan, PET-CT, endovascular interventions, Neuro-rehabilitation, minimally invasive neurosurgical equipment, and expertise.