DEPARTMENT OF ORTHOPAEDICS
The Department of Orthopaedics is fully equipped in the areas of hand surgery, paediatric orthopaedics, spinal surgery and hip replacement, sports medicine, knee replacement and arthroscopy and trauma. The state of the art infrastructure and expert doctors enable the department to undertake the latest surgeries. Fully equipped and advanced operating theatres and facilities enable excellent operative care. A full-fledged rehabilitation team of Physiotherapy and Occupational therapy supports the Department. The Artificial Limb Center provides comprehensive orthotic and prosthetic appliances.
Treatments & Procedures
I) Hand Surgery Unit:
- Specialises in the rehabilitation of Traumatised Hands. Congenial
- Anomalies and Micro Vascular Surgery.
- Pollicization of absent thumb
- Correction of Congenital Hand & Upper Limb
- Small Bone Lengthening in Hand
- Brachial Plexus Injury
- Nerve & Tendon Injuries
- Paralytic Upper Limb
- Biological Arthroplasties of Finger Joints
ii) Paediatric Orthopaedics Unit:
Special clinics are conducted for Congenital Foot and Hip Disorders, Cerebral Palsy, Pertheʼs Disease, Limb Lengthening and Complicated Paediatric cases.
- Correction of Club Foot
- DDH Correction
- Other Complex Congenital Disease
- Post-polio Deformity Correction
- Limb lengthening
III) Spinal Surgery & Hip Replacement Unit:
Deals with correction of Spinal Deformities and management of Spinal injuries, Tumors of the Spine, Spinal Tuberculosis.The unit also focuses on Complex Hip Disorders and performs Primary and Revision Total Hip Replacement Arthroplasty.
- Anterior and Anterolateral Decompression for TB spine
- Stabilisation of Fractures of the spine
- Cervical spine Stabilisation
- Pedicule Screw Fixation Spondylolisthesis Correction
- Spondylolisthesis Correction
IV) Sports Medicine Unit:
Specialises in Arthroscopic Surgery of various joints, Sports Medicine and Revision surgery of the knee.
- Arthroscopic meniscal surgeries including meniscal suturing
- Arthroscopic reconstruction of ACL & PCL
- Arthroscopy-assisted surgery for recurrent dislocation of the shoulder and patella
- Arthroscopy of the shoulder, Ankle, Elbow, Hip and Wrist Joints
V) Trauma and Joint Replacement Unit:
Specialises in complicated trauma, Polytrauma, Primary and Revision Hip and Knee surgery. There is a well-equipped 24-hour Trauma Triage and Hi-tech ambulance services.
- Total hip replacements
- Total knee replacements
- Total shoulder and elbow replacements
- Surface replacements of hip and Unicondylar knee replacements.
- Revision of joint replacement
- Closed interlock Nailing for Long Bone Fracture
- External fixators application for open fractures and fractures of the pelvis.
- Acetabular Fracture Fixation
- Fixation of Fractures using DCP, LCDCP, LCP Trauma
- Minimal invasive plating for articular fractures
- Ring external fixator
- Internal fixation and replacement arthroplasty for Fractures around the hip joint.
The Artificial Limb Center:
The centre offers comprehensive Orthotic and Prosthetic services. The high-quality artificial limbs or prosthetic devices have transformed many disabled peopleʼs lives. Emergency Ambulance Services
The Physiotherapy outpatient department is equipped with the necessary electrotherapeutic equipment such as
- Electrical stimulator
- Wax bath
- Hot packs
- Cold packs
A fully equipped fitness centre is established for weight reduction and for general health in normal as well as the diseased.
The Centre deals with all kinds of pre and postoperative orthopaedic and trauma conditions with reported functional limitations.The services include
- Instrumentation -Splinting, Assistive and Positioning devices
- Wheelchair training and Modification
- Work Hardening and Retraining
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Training
- Biofeedback and functional electrical stimulation
- Ergonomics and Backcare
- Community-based services
- Hand Function and Hand Writing Training
- Neurodevelopment and Sensory integrative therapy
- Perceptual and Cognitive training
- Balance and Coordination training
- House and Work Site Evaluation and Modification
- For Clients With Mental Illness-Group Therapy, Activity
- Scheduling, Social Skill Training, Stress Management and Assertive Training