DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHIATRY
The Department of Psychiatry at Manipal Hospital is dedicated to providing quality care to people who experience mental health problems. Personalized treatment programs are moulded to meet the needs of each individual. A team of psychiatrists, psychiatric social workers and clinical psychologists work together to help patients. Patients benefit from the innovation and team philosophy found here. Along with clinical care, the department emphasises excellence in teaching and research.
Treatment & Procedures
- Multidisciplinary evaluation of any mental health problem
- Clinical Psychopharmacology
- EEG monitored Electroconvulsive therapy
- Individual Psychotherapy.
- Family and Marital therapy
- Group therapy
- Therapy for children and adolescents with emotional and behavioural disturbances
- Therapy for individuals with substance abuse/dependence
- Therapy for emotional disorders associated with physical illnesses. Counseling
- Home visits to enhance assessment and treatment
Daily outpatient and inpatient services at Manipal Hospitals.
24 hours emergency care services.
- To provide the highest quality clinical care
- To provide a nurturing environment for healing
- To facilitate integration of the person into society by training in daily living skills, developing work habits, improving social skills and fostering decision-making abilities
- To minimize disability
- To provide respite care
Professional inputs - The rehabilitation programs are planned and managed by an experienced team of psychiatrists, psychiatric social workers, clinical psychologists, psychiatric nurses and occupational therapists. The centre has a yoga instructor and a vocational trainer who provide their services. The centre has 24-hour supervision by qualified nurses and ward attendants.
It is the endeavour of the professionals working at Manipal Hospitals to provide holistic, consistent and humane care to the residents. The treating team strives constantly to improve therapeutic input to facilitate the realization of the potential of the residents maximally.